Phoenix Comic-Con -- this weekend!
What a fantastic week! The Las Vegas launch for THE GIVEN included a great hometown signing, and the sah-weet (literally) coffee klatch beforehand with cupcakes, laughter, and the fabulous Jessica, who showed up in the dress from the cover of THE GIVEN. It was wonderful. Thank you all who showed up!
A big thank you also to everyone who has written to me to tell me how they’re enjoying the conclusion to Kit and Grif’s story. I’ve been making jokes with readers and friends online all week about working hard for “the ugly cry” though the truth is that I’m simply gratified by the reader reaction.
Those of you who are invested in Kit and Grif’s story are really invested, and the comments have been even more fun that the official reviews:
“Dang your hide, Vicki Pettersson! I am on page 309 and now have to finish before I can sleep! Tomorrow will be a long day.” – Kat “I downloaded it yesterday in the Fort Lauderdale airport and finished before we landed in Dallas. I sobbed on the plane.” – Lisa ““I had the nose drips and morning after swollen puffy eyes!!”- Jessica “I didn’t see that coming.” – James “I just finished … Damn you, just damn you…” –Lisa
I mean … does it get any better than that? ;)
Seriously, this one really seemed to hit the emotions like nothing I’ve ever written, maybe because this was such a relationship-based series despite (or maybe due to) the ongoing mystery. Whatever it was, I’m thrilled and gratified it’s striking a chord.
I’ll be in Phoenix this weekend for Phoenix Comic-Con, which is so exciting for me. It’s been a few years since I’ve attended a Comic-Con and I’m looking forward to it because the energy is absolutely electric. I have panels and signings scheduled, and I’m in the process of arranging a meet-up/coffee klatch similar to the one I did in Vegas for readers, so check my social networking sites for deets on that. I update those constantly.
For now, here’s my con schedule:
- 1:30–2:30PM – Urban Fantasy and the Real World : Join some of our author guests for a look at their worlds and the similarities with the real world. Panelists: Chuck Wendig, Greg van Eekhout, Jaye Wells, Michael R. Underwood, Stephen Blackmoore, Vicki Pettersson Room: North 126bc *
- 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm (can go to 1:30 pm) – Autographing – Where: VIP20 *
- 10:30–11:30AM – Constructing a Mystery Plot : Join some of our guests who write mysteries as they talk about the best ways to construct mystery plots that leave the reader baffled until the very end. Panelists: Charlaine Harris, Jeffrey J. Mariotte, Kris Neri, Stephen Blackmoore, Vicki Pettersson Room: west 212 *
- 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm — Autographing – Where: 2526 *
- Sat, 4:30–5:30PM – Setting and Place in Urban Fantasy : Several of our Urban Fantasy authors discuss how settings influences and drives their work. Panelists: Carrie Vaughn, Greg van Eekhout, Heather Brewer, Jim Butcher, Vicki Pettersson Room: west 212 *
- Sat, 8:00–11:00PM — Drinks With Authors : Join our author guests for a glass or two in an informal setting. There will be door prizes and other giveaways from our participating publishers. Panelists: Kevin Hearne, Myke Cole, Sam Sykes & many others Room: Renaissance Salon 5-8 * Again, I’ll update soon re. the Phoenix meet-up (and I’m trying to arrange one for Dallas, too, so if you want to meet up there, let me know). In the meantime, thanks so much for reading!